Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Symphonies In My Head


Oops, I thought I had blogged this one already, and now all of you have probably heard Håkon Kornstad´s solo album "Symphonies in my head" (Jazzland 2011) already?
I liked (and still like!) Kornstad´s previous solo albums "Single Engine" (Jazzland 2007) and "Dwell Time" (Jazzland 2009), but this one beats both of them.
The pieces are pretty strong melodies, and I was sure they were composed, but all of them are probably improvised. Håkon Kornstad with saxophone and loops in the Sofienberg church in Oslo. Absolutely wonderful!

Kornstad pins several of his most beautiful tracks on the map: "Sweden" and "Turkey, Texas" ("Single Engine"), "Oslo" ("Dwell Time"), and "Damaskus" and "Mandal" ("Symphonies in my head"). I´m waiting for "Bergen".

Here are a couple of videos. The first one is a full office concert (Norwegian Broadcasting Co., NRK) and then "Sweden" played in Perugia (Italia) in July 2011.



No comments: