Thursday, October 8, 2009

Habbestad/Skarbø and Humvee



Damn! Yesterday I attended this year´s first Christmas concert, or so Bjørnar Habbestad (flutes) and Øyvind Skarbø (drums) claimed. Among red lights they performed a great impro-set, but I don´t think it is fair to any of the artists, when people in Bergen say that these fine gentlemen are "The Bergen Improvisation Scene´s Ike and Tina Turner"! Let´s just say they at least think about the visual impression to, not a bad thing when audiences have both eyes and ears (most of them, at least).
Next band on stage (or rather floor) was Humvee, handing us some energetic trio jazz. I think I must have mentioned Jørgen Mathisen (saxes), Rune Nergaard (bass) and Gard Nilssen (drums) several times in the blog (playing in other bands), and you may find that out yourselves when Blogger finally manage to fix the search system. About time! Humvee also have an album out on Jazzland (2008), and I hope it is as good as the concert was. Great trio, if you ask me.

No comments: